Monday, June 20, 2011

NBC edits "Under God" out of Pledge Of Allegiance

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
The Pledge of Allegiance as most of us know it. The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an oath of loyalty to the national flag in the Republic of the United States of America. Was originally composed by Francis Bellamy in 1892 and adopted by Congress as national pledge in 1942. It is gone through four changes since being adopted most recently in 1954 by adding the words "under God". Why NBC would deicide to take out "under God" of it I do not know. To me as an American you pledge allegiance to the flag the way it's supposed to be said.
Congress adopted this as our oath and until Congress changes it that's the way it needs to be. Now under the First Amendment if there are certain words that an individual doesn't want to say or doesn't want to recite I don't see a problem with that because the first amendment does protect our freedom of speech or lack of speech. But until Congress changes the Pledge of Allegiance if they decide to I don't think any news media, a national news media to the size of NBC should be taking the oath to the American flag and changing it as they see fit. NBC did come out and apologize saying it was a edit error, but let's be real here it's NBC did they really let something like that slide.


America was founded on freedom of religion the original settlers came here from England to avoid the strict religion that was being placed on them. So yes I do contradict myself a little bit by saying that they shouldn't have taken God out of the Pledge of Allegiance, but until Congress takes that out an organization the size of NBC based here in America should say the Pledge of Allegiance The Way, Congress has made it not the way he they deem fit. If you personally want to leave God out that your own right to freedom of speech.
I may be wrong, I may right I don't know. There's a lot of different religions out there some believe in God some don't believe in God some believe in a higher power some don't believe in anything. I just think it was wrong of NBC to edit that part out.
The First Amendment, the freedom of speech I guess does allow them to edit it out. It does allow people not to say certain things in the pledge. I just feel that it was wrong for NBC to do this.
Just my cheap two cents

No comments:

Post a Comment